Summary of Services
• Virtual/fractional security leadership (vCISO, program/project management, architecture)
• Current state assessments and validation of regulatory compliance against common frameworks
• Analysis of security capabilities to support due diligence for mergers & acquisitions
• Planning & architecture support for upgrades/acquisition of security technologies (on-prem or Cloud) or MSSP services
Monday, March 21, 2022
Friday, January 21, 2022
I'll be speaking as part of a panel at the AITP meeting in February. This is open to both members and non-members.
Register here: https://aitpchicago.com/event-4601945
- Wed, February 16, 2022
- 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Virtual Zoom Meeting
Topic: The rise of the vCISO – Determining if fractional information security leadership is the right fit for your organization
In the past 5 years the Information Security industry has experienced a rise in the number of firms and individuals offering fractional leadership and governance offerings, especially to medium and small-sized client organizations who may not have the resources (team size, funding, etc.) to build out and mature a robust program. These virtual (v) a.k.a. vCISOs are representing a growing presence in the information security ecosphere.
Ninety minute program. Moderator and panel will introduce themselves (15m). Moderator will summarize panel talks for the audience and have two to three planned questions to start the panel discussion (60m). Questions and answer session (15m).
Panel will largely address the difference between an in-house CISO and vCISO and pros/cons of each, with an emphasis on the unique advantages of the vCISO model. The moderator and panel will also address general security topics and their approach to solving them.
- What is a fractional or vCISO?
- Why do we need a CISO?
- How do we create value?
- What are the challenges for a vCISO?
- and more.
Saturday, January 1, 2022
David Tyree, CISSP, CCSP
Youngtree Advisors LLC
Greater Chicago/Milwaukee Area
Book a meeting at: https://calendly.com/youngtree/30min?month=2022-03
He can deliver engagements onsite in the Chicago/Madison/Milwaukee area but expects most engagements will be remote. David’s network includes leaders from peer consulting organizations and market-leading security vendors that can be “weaponized” to solve the most difficult security problems facing organizations today.
Saturday, October 16, 2021
I virtually attended sessions at the Crowdstrike Fal.con conference this week. Here are some of the highlights:
- They launched their XDR service. It incorporates their Humio acquisition to provide the SIEM functionality to handle other log sources.
- They've also made a free version of Humio (Community Edition) available.
- They announced their Fusion platform for building and managing SOAR activities. The demos focused on remediation actions at the endpoint and information gathering to support investigations.
- Falcon Filevantage is a new service that uses the Falcon agent for FIM.